Valentine's Day date night ideas that go beyond dinner and a movie
Valentine’s Day can be one of the most romantic days of the year, but like all things romantic, it can require a bit of preparation.
Even if you’re on a budget, there’s no reason your Valentine’s Day can’t be as memorable and special for you and your partner. After all, what really matters is spending the day with people you love and who love you back. A romantic dinner is a classic for a reason, but if you’re looking for inspiration on how to create and plan the most romantic Valentine’s Day date ever regardless of your relationship status, Valentine’s Day should be fun.
Here are some great ideas to spend the day. Whether you spend it by yourself, with your partner or your best friend, there’s no reason not to do whatever makes you feel happy, sexy and special.Love Notes
This is a lovely gesture that can be done for anyone in your life on Valentine’s Day - your siblings, your parents, your spouse or even yourself. Take a few minutes to write each person that is special to you a short but sweet note, to tell them how you feel about them.Sweet Treats
Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to eat sweet treats, such as chocolate-covered strawberries or heart-shaped cookies. Here’s how to make chocolate coated strawberries:
You will need:
- 2 punnets of strawberries
- 1 block of white chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate or all
- Sprinkles or desiccated coconut
- Baking paper
- Wash and dry the strawberries completely. The chocolate won't stick to the strawberries if they are wet.
- In a microwaveable bowl, break up the chocolate and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Return to microwave and microwave for 30 more seconds. Stir again. If still not melted, microwave again for another 30 seconds.
- Place some baking or parchment paper on a tray to collect the dipped strawberries. Remove chocolate from the microwave and stir.
- Once smooth, start to dip the strawberries - one at a time by holding the strawberry by its stem - until the strawberry is completely covered.
- Place on the prepared tray.
- Decorate with sprinkles immediately so they stick.
- To add a drizzle decoration, pour the preferred colour of melted chocolate into a piping icing bag, and cut a small hole in the bottom. Quickly drizzle the icing over the pre-dipped strawberries.
- Place each strawberry in a chocolate paper liner and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat them.
Regardless of how you’re spending the night or who you’ll be spending it with, it’s important to take some time out to take care of yourself.
Create a luxurious spa-like candlelight bath experience to enjoy some quiet, relaxing "me" time.
Here is how to create a luxurious spa experience in your own bath:
- Choose the perfect essential oils for the occasion
- Set out candles and a lighter
- Arrange the candles on a mirrored or reflective surface to magnify the soft candlelight effect
- Have an oversized, plush and warmed bath towel or dressing gown nearby
- Chill some sparkling wine to sip in the bath
- Add music to set the desired mood
- Check the water temperature of the bath - not too hot, not too cool
Or have a romantic bath with your partner - it's completely up to you!Don't forget your skin
Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to show your skin some love. With the right natural products, five to 10 minutes and a little TLC, you can kiss dull looking skin goodbye and get glowing for your special night. Exfoliate away dead skin cells and show off your natural, healthy skin.
While your skin is still wet from the bath, apply Embalm Skincare’s Invigorating Body Scrub and gently scrub in a circular motion all over your body for up to 2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
This unique formula of natural ingredients deeply moisturises and nourishes your skin. It is lightly scented with essential oils and leaves your skin so silky soft and smooth you don’t want to stop touching it – guaranteed! Use this as your last step in your showering routine and you won’t even need any body lotion or perfume.Eat in & tune out
Just because it’s Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you have to spend money and eat out in a fancy restaurant. Avoid the crowds and the rush of getting ready with your already busy schedule and eat in.
Dine under the stars at a local park, on the beach or by candlelight on a blanket in your own backyard or even living room. And don’t forget to turn your phone off. You can check in on your emails and social media all other 364 days of the year so why not give yourself a break and just focus on the most important things in your life right now.
What do you have planned for Valentine’s Day this year? Tell us in the comments below.