Harmful substances can build up in our bloodstream over time, causing everything from fatigue to weight gain and headaches. Additionally, toxins in our bodies are linked to skin problems and digestive problems.
If you are feeling sluggish and out of sync, take steps toward gently and naturally detoxifying your body. Strategies for detoxifying the body have been practiced for hundreds of years across many cultures. Detoxification is a long process that can take weeks or months to work and involves resting and nourishing the body, removing harmful elements through elimination. By cleaning the body from the inside out, the blood becomes purified and the body can heal itself more readily.
Detoxifying herbal teas are nature’s remedy for driving toxins from the body, gently and safely. We have selected the top 7 herbal teas that taste good and help in speeding up the detoxification process.
Here are our Top 7:
1. Dandelion Tea: Dandelion tea is an ideal choice for a bedtime detox tea because of its delightful taste and liver-cleansing properties. This tea is high in minerals and vitamins C with strong antioxidant properties. It also contains the antioxidant vitamin A, B vitamins and vitamin D. These all aid the detox process.
2. Cardamom Tea: Cardamom has been used since the ancient times for its healing properties for colds and congestion and it is known to possess detoxification properties. A cup of warm cardamom tea will go a long way to keep your body healthy and clean. Simply drop one or two Cardamom pods into a cup of hot water to make your own tea.
3. Fennel Tea: Fennel tea is best known for possessing natural healing attributes, promoting the relief of indigestion. An infusion of this herb is perfect for your detox process.
4. Peppermint Tea: Peppermint is a herb for the digestive system. The top tea for the relief of cold and catarrh. Peppermint tea is a favorite for improving digestion.
5. Lemon Balm Tea: A refreshing gentle herbal tea popularly known as a calming tea that has soothing effects. Lemon Balm Tea has got lovely zesty taste that has a pleasant aroma that could send you to bed.
6. Nettle Tea: A detoxifier used as a spring tonic and used clinically for some disorders. A fresh brew of this tea drank first in the morning will be perfect for the good old detox. Nettle tea contains fatty acids, the minerals calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sulfur and zinc, as well as vitamins B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, C, E, K and folate. Avoid if pregnant.
7. Marigold Tea: Marigold Flower Tea, also known as Calendula tea, is a cleansing and detoxifying herbal tea with anti-fungal activity. Marigold Flower Tea can help to regulate menstrual periods and benefits the immune and lymphatic systems.
Warning: Please consult your doctor should you have any pre-existing health conditions.
Have you ever detoxed? Tell us your favorite detox methods in the comment section.