If you look in the mirror and you see Cellulite on your legs, thighs, belly or even arms, well…you are not alone! Apparently about 80/90 percent of women have it and it’s genetic so: if your mum has it, chances are you do too.
Dimples happen when the fat cells push up against our skin, and the fibrous tissue that connects our skin to our muscle pulls down. This push and pull causes that uneven appearance.
But even if it’s genetic there is hope!
Here are 10 ways to minimise and even get rid of cellulite naturally:
1. Drink plenty of water (I know…boring…but it’s really the most important thing!) Keeping your water bottle refilled and staying hydrated all day long improves the texture of your skin because it helps your body to release excess fluid it may be holding onto.
2. Eat Clean. I always say to my clients: “Eating clean and healthy everyday is the most important way to keep the sign of cellulite at bay!” Watch your sodium intake because the food high in salt can cause your fat cells to swell. Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, fibre and whole grain foods which help to remove toxins from the organism.
3. Choose Herbal teas instead of Coffee. Caffeine is one of the toxins in cellulite and it also causes dehydration which can make cellulite more noticeable.
4. Reduce cigarettes (if you can’t quit!). Smoking has been linked in several studies to increased amounts of cellulite. It limits blood flow and prematurely ages the skin which results in making the appearance of cellulite more likely.
5. Drink Aloe Vera Juice. When we get older, the collagen that is produced by the fibroblast cells becomes reduced. So the supporting structure under the skin becomes weakened. Cellulite can then have an opportunity to appear as the connective tissue structure weakens thereby allowing the fat cells to bulge through the structure, which become the lump effect we see. Aloe Vera can actually increase the fibroblast cell production of collagen and help restore and strengthen the tissue structure under the skin… not to mention the magic it does to your facial complexion and your overall health!
6. Fitness. Going for a walk is more effective at getting rid of cellulite then rubbing on an anti-cellulite cream. Since cellulite is fat, excess weight can contribute to it. Also focus on strength-training moves to build up hamstring quads, buttocks and hips at least two times a week, increasing the weight over time to challenge your muscles. The most effective lower-body exercises are: Steps-Ups, Lunges and Squats, 30/50 reps everyday will help you to reach your goal.
7. Trust in Technology. Nowadays, the best beauty salons offer advanced treatments such as Radio Frequency, Lipocavitation, Cellutone etc. It is going to cost you more than a topical cream, but you’ll see quicker results.
8. Dry Brushing. In my opinion, this is the best thing you can do for your body. I advice my clients to dry brush their body from the bottom to the top. Start from your feet and apply fast and short, upward strokes as you move the brush over your feet and legs. Continue brushing upwards as you get to your buttocks, waist, stomach and breast areas (stroking toward your heart). Then brush your hands and arms and finish brushing your neck using downward strokes. Avoid brushing your face. Do this every day for a few minutes before having a shower and you will see results in no-time! Use Embalm Skincare’s Smoothing Exfoliating Mitt for dry brushing.
9. Have a Good Night Sleep. Sufficient amount of sleep may get rid of cellulite as it’s important in revitalising our bodies, repairing damaged tissues, and recharging our energy levels. Increased energy level is equivalent to optimal cognitive and physical functioning the next day. In this connection, the body subjects a considerable amount of fat for conversion to fuel up the increased amount of physical activities. With thus, the fat factor in cellulite formation is reduced.
10. Anti-Cellulite Massage. A good old-fashioned massage combats cellulite. It drains bloated lymph nodes, making your skin appear smoother for a while. The more often you get the massage, the better it will work and the longer the results last.